One of the most vital herbs in Ayurvedic healing, has been used since ancient times for a wide variety of conditions, but is most well known for its restorative benefits. In Sanskrit ashwagandha means “the smell of a horse,” indicating that the herb imparts the vigour and strength of a stallion, and it has traditionally been prescribed to help people strengthen their immune system after an illness. In fact, it’s frequently referred to as “Indian ginseng” because of its rejuvenating properties (although botanically, ginseng and ashwagandha are unrelated). In addition, ashwagandha is also used to enhance sexual potency for both men and women.
Why is Ashwagandha Powder good for you?
Ashwagandha contains many useful medicinal chemicals, including with anolides, (steroidal lactones), alkaloids, choline, fatty acids, amino acids, and a variety of sugars. While the leaves and fruit have valuable therapeutic properties, the root of the ashwagandha plant is the part most commonly used in Western herbal remedies.
- Confers immune system protection
- Combats the effects of stress
- Improves learning, memory, and reaction time
- Reduces anxiety and depression without causing drowsiness
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces brain-cell degeneration
- Contains anti-malarial properties
- Offers anti-inflammatory benefits
How to use Ashwagandha Powder?
The usual recommended dose is 3-6gms a day. Begin with 1/8 teaspoon, slowly increase to 1/2 teaspoon or more. Add to smoothies, juices, water, etc. For people who suffer from insomnia and anxiety, having a hot drink that contains a teaspoon of powdered ashwagandha before bedtime is beneficial.
In extremely large doses, ashwagandha has been reported to induce abortions in animals. Although no similar studies have been carried out on humans, women should avoid the herb during pregnancy.
Benefits of Ashwagandha Powder
- Anti-Stress Powder
Ashwagandha powder is administered by Ayurvedic doctors to strengthen an exhausted nervous system that is manifesting signs such as emotional instability, agitation or feeling stressed out. The December 2000 issue of Phytomedicine published an experimental study led by Indian doctor S.K. Bhattacharya. It found that ashwagandha root has the ability to reverse damage caused by stress, and make the same stress feel less stressful over time. Ashwagandha may be a leading herb to help individuals in our high-stress society.
- Sexual Enhancer
Ashwagandha is also used in India to increase sexual potency and sperm production. The name ashwagandha means »the smell of a horse,« perhaps because the fresh root smells like horses’ urine, or because in folk-lore it is renowned for imparting the sexual stamina of a horse. Research conducted by Indian herbologist P. Paranjpe and published in his book »Indian Medicinal Plants« showed that ashwagandha’s rejuvenating effect on the reproductive organs may help increase sperm mobility, increase sperm count and improve poor sexual performance. He also states that an external application of ashwagandha oil may be used for impotence.
- Muscle Toner Ashwagandha is considered a rejuvenating or tonifying herb in Ayurveda. It is given to children who have low body weight, people with debility or those who are convalescing. In 2000, an article published in the Alternative Medicine Review showed the growth-promoting and rejuvenating effect of ashwagandha when the powdered root was given to a group of healthy children in milk for 60 days. The control group got a placebo in milk. At the end of the trial, there was an increase of weight gain and cell growth levels in the ashwagandha group over the control. Due to its muscle-building capabilities, specifically anabolic muscle, athletes may find it useful for increasing muscle weight, tone and athletic performance.
Raw Organic Ashwagandha Powder
Coconut Palm Sugar
Is a low glycemic non-fructose sweetener that is the perfect alternative to agave syrup, stevia and cane sugar.
Barley grass Powder (China)
One of the earliest cultivated foods on the planet, apparently eaten by gladiators for strength and stamina.
We source globally and directly from the farmers!
We build direct relationships with farmers in all the regions where we source our products where we both benefit from a family like relationshi cherishing sincere, hard working and fair relationship. We work with local authorities to build grower knowledge, promote productive partnerships and support initiatives which encourage organic production. Our customers benefit from having supplier with direct and honest relationship with farmers as they can be assured they only buy best quality products.View our services
We passionatley serve our customers making it easy for them as a »one stop supplier« of wide asortment of quality products so customers don't need to spend their time arranging orders with several suppliers to fulfill their requirements.About us