Baobab Fruit Powder
Baobab fruit powder is a powerful new superfood and Africa’s best-kept secret until now. It’s known as the “Tree of Life” and has been cherished by locals across the African continent for centuries. It has a unique nutritional profile, with more Vitamin C than oranges, more iron than red meat and a rich content of alkalising minerals: calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Why is Baobab Fruit Powder good for you?
Baobab fruit powder is a remarkable food ingredient. Our baobab fruit powder is fair trade and sustainable. The growers are organically certified. Baobab not only offers a unique taste of Africa and powerful nutritional properties, it can also provide life-changing income to millions of poor rural people in Southern Africa.
Many of these families exist on $100 or less per year and cannot buy the tools, seeds and supplies they need to earn more from agriculture.
By harvesting baobab, which is abundant in Southern Africa, these people can substantially increase their income at no cost to themselves. This helps them pay for family healthcare and their children’s education as well as household necessities.
What’s more, when communities earn money from baobab, they have an incentive to protect the trees. This helps to conserve the environment and its biodiversity and ensure the natural regeneration of baobab woodlands.
The powder is an excellent source of the minerals potassium, calcium iron, and magnesium, an outstanding source of vitamin C, and a great source of B vitamins. It’s a fantastic antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory properties, and is an effective prebiotic. It has a high pectin content, so you can use it as a thickener in recipes. It is a natural flavour enhancer, so adds depth to any dish, sweet or savoury.
Baobab is also very rich in dietary fibre. It contains 50% dietary fibre- 77% of which is soluble, and 23% insoluble. The health benefits of dietary fibre are gut health, weight management, heart health. It is the dietary fibre that gives it the possible prebiotic effects.Our Baobab is organically sourced, fairly traded, and sustainably grown.
Baobab is a truly remarkable tree. Living for a thousand years or more, baobabs dominate parts of the African landscape with their root-like branches and massive trunks that can reach 25 metres or more in circumference.
The baobab’s velvety green fruits grow from beautiful white flowers that are pollinated at night by bats. Inside the hard coconut-like shell are the seeds which are coated in a pale powder that is sharp and tangy to the taste. It is this fruit powder that is used in food and drinks.
African people have been eating baobab for centuries. From Senegal to South Africa people use it in different ways, many of them mixing the fruit powder with water and sugar to make a refreshing drink.
It is not only delicious but popular as a boost to health, especially among pregnant women, children and the elderly. Baobab fruit is also said to help fight fevers and settle the stomach. The Kung San bushmen of the Kalahari eat it to ward off winter colds and 19th century seafarers ate baobab jam to protect themselves against scurvy.
How to use Baobab Fruit Powder?
Take 1-2 teaspoons (2g-5g) a day for optimal results.
- Mix it with water or juice. Baobab by itself tastes like diluted lemonade, very refreshing after a hard workout.
- Add it to yogurt or smoothies for an antioxidant rich treat.
- Stir a spoonful into breakfast cereal or oatmeal.
- Mix it into the batter for pancakes, waffles or other baked goods.
- How about baobab sherbet or ice cream? Delicious and nutritious.
- You can even add it to tea, marinades or sauces.
Benefits of Baobab Fruit Powder
- Revitalises and invigorates. Baobab powder is very high in Vitamin C and malic acid, which have strong energy-yielding properties. It helps improve your body’s utilization of food for efficient conversion into energy.
- Boosts the immune system. Vitamin C and prebiotic fibres in Baobab help boost your immune system.
- Promotes a healthy digestive system. Baobab powder is high in digestive enzymes and prebiotics that enhance the growth of probiotic bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract.
- Healthy nervous system. Baobab powder is high in potassium, essential for the nervous system, especially if you drink coffee, cola or alcohol and eat foods high in sodium.
- Optimises iron uptake. The presence of Vitamin C in conjunction with iron in baobab powder is particularly effective for increasing iron in your body.
Certified organic Baobab powder
Coconut Palm Sugar
Is a low glycemic non-fructose sweetener that is the perfect alternative to agave syrup, stevia and cane sugar.
Barley grass Powder (China)
One of the earliest cultivated foods on the planet, apparently eaten by gladiators for strength and stamina.
This amazing green powder has the ability to provide the body with a complete source of protein and most all of the body’s amino acid needs.
We source globally and directly from the farmers!
We build direct relationships with farmers in all the regions where we source our products where we both benefit from a family like relationshi cherishing sincere, hard working and fair relationship. We work with local authorities to build grower knowledge, promote productive partnerships and support initiatives which encourage organic production. Our customers benefit from having supplier with direct and honest relationship with farmers as they can be assured they only buy best quality products.View our services
We passionatley serve our customers making it easy for them as a »one stop supplier« of wide asortment of quality products so customers don't need to spend their time arranging orders with several suppliers to fulfill their requirements.About us